Dad's to be over age 40?

Bobby

One of my best friends was married , had a family and then divorced. He has since remarried. He's 41 and his wife is 10 years younger. They're expecting their first child in a couple of months. He is a little worried about starting over, but his wife is so excited that he's looking forward to it more as it gets closer.

Pucknut87

Thanks Bobby! Exact same situation here. My wife of 8 months is 9 years younger than I am, but this was not exactly expected, as I had a vasectomy 4 years ago, and found out AFTER the fact that the ends have "reattached". Talk about some trust issues coming up in a marriage initially! I guess it was meant to be given the circumstances, but yeah I have to admit I'm worried about starting over as well. My oldest is 21 and my youngest just turned 16.

Salazar

Hi, Puck! I can sympathize with the vasectomy thing. I went through the same thing with my second marriage and I now have a two and a half year old daughter to show for the "reattachment."

I am not over 40 yet, but this pregnancy was a real shocker for both my wife and me. I think I actually accepted it and came to terms with it before she did. At the end of the day, it turned out to the best thing that ever happened to us. At first we called her our "surprise;" now we call her our "miracle." Best of luck to you!!

joeldgreat

I've got lots of friends who got married after 40. Basically, its really up to the person's point of view on which is better. Many prefer to get married in an earlier years prior to the age of 30. While others prefer to have it when they're already 40 and are now have a stabilized life. What, whatever it is, I think getting married and raise a family is one of the best thing that can happen in a man's life. Of course, there's always many exceptions to this.