Day Off!

Victor

I had a minor medical procedure the other day and am resting. I was supposed to rest yesterday (my wife stayed home) but it was pretty stressful all the same. Anyway, she took the kids to her mom's house today and I have the entire day to myself!

It's awesome but honestly I'm not entirely sure what to do with myself. I'm not used to this.

Timothy

Ha ha Victor, I know what you mean! I took today off from work for personal reasons and after I slept in for a couple more hours, I woke up and couldn't decide how to spend the rest of the day. I wound up going fishing.

Victor

I hope you enjoyed your day off too! I would have liked to go have a beer at the local pub during lunch time but I can't drink any alcohol for a few days. It was such a wasted opportunity. Still, I had a great day just relaxing. I read some books and watched a movie.

On The Mark

We all need a day or two periodically to "charge our batteries" so to speak. Books do that for me as well as good music.

polamalu43

I am glad you took it easy! You were supposed to rest and take it easy! It is hard though isn't it? The lists of what needs to be done run through my head when I am relaxing.

Victor

I am glad you took it easy! You were supposed to rest and take it easy! It is hard though isn't it? The lists of what needs to be done run through my head when I am relaxing.
Yes, I kept thinking of things that needed to be done too. Still, I enjoyed the day. Since then I've apparently been overdoing it though, as I popped a stitch yesterday. I'm going in this morning to have the rest of them removed so I guess it's better than popping a stitch earlier but...oops.

Andersson

Sometimes when we have free time we never know what to do with it at any age. It seems to still happen to be sometimes too and I am pretty old. I guess we never realize how much we can do it in a day until the stress levels drop and we have nothing on the agenda.

Zimmer

I like to read when I'm alone. The house is usually quite noisy and on the rare occasion I get it to myself there's nothing better than a good book.

Andersson

The only thing better than an empty house to enjoy is a cat nap without the need to worry that someone will come by and wake you up for no good reason. I think "resting" after anything like this is something we all forget sometimes.

On The Mark

The only thing better than an empty house to enjoy is a cat nap without the need to worry that someone will come by and wake you up for no good reason.
I agree. That's about the most annoying thing ever, and about the most rude thing someone can do. When I'm sleeping, or even napping, that means my body needs it.

popsmcnitt

I had a minor medical procedure the other day and am resting. I was supposed to rest yesterday (my wife stayed home) but it was pretty stressful all the same. Anyway, she took the kids to her mom's house today and I have the entire day to myself!

It's awesome but honestly I'm not entirely sure what to do with myself. I'm not used to this.
I can identify with you and your situation, Victor. I am about to lose my son to my wife (soon to be my ex-wife) and I'm not sure how I'll handle the extra free time. Have you thought of taking up a hobby? I've been looking into taking tennis lessons. You could do something like a movie marathon whenever you have downtime. Or try out a new recipe.

yabadoo

I have this upcoming Friday off. I am heading out to the roller rink to do some skating. I rock the roller blades. I'll play in the occasional pickup hockey game if I'm energized. I am also taking off for my daughter's birthday in two weeks. We'll probably go to the archery range. Take advantage of this mild weather on your days off.