Dentures

Andersson

I know we have a mix here of both young dads and old ones but does anyone else here have dentures like me? I went in for a cleaning the other day and I noticed more and more people in the office were younger than me. I am talking in their 20's. What gives? Have kids forgotten how to take care of their teeth nowadays?

Timeless

I think a lot more people are now drinking bottled water that doesn't contain fluoride or has very little of it. We use to drink city tap water which was high in fluoride, so combined with our toothpaste we had no problems getting enough of it.

Andersson

I was talking to a guy that came over yesterday for a drywall estimate. He has been a friend of the family for years and he mentioned he has had some dental issues recently too. The last place he went to charged him almost $300.00 for an extraction and the guy is about half of my age. I was shocked!

olderthandirt

Some people have harder teeth than others due to genetics, too, or they could have had bad dental care. I have top dentures, not because I didn't take care of my teeth, but because I had an idiot dentist growing up. My teeth were severely overcrowded and cavities finally came between them.

Andersson

I have heard that overcrowded is a big issue, so is when a person has an overbite but the dentist tells them something different. In the end the person has a tiny mouth and ends up needed numerous extractions in order to have things fit proper.

CHenne

I agree that some people just have bad teeth. Others might not have had cleanings when they should have. Dental insurance is expensive and dental work without it is crazy high. Good luck with your dentures.

Andersson

I was in the office and overheard someone who had called in to check prices. It seems they had no insurance and they were quoted about two grand to have all teeth removed and that is even before any other work was set. I could not imagine not having insurance right now.

Timothy

Andersson, I have dentures too (full on top, partial on bottom) and I was quoted closer to $10 grand to have all teeth pulled, work done on remaining bottom teeth, and denture and partial made. Without insurance, there's just no way we could have done that. Even with insurance, we've had a hefty bill to deal with.