Did you have any idea...

Bear

Did you have any idea how much stuff babies had to have before you had one? I had no clue, and I guess I forgot between children too. There is stuff everywhere...swings, bouncers, bassinets, high chairs, strollers, carseats...we are running out of room for the rest of us! :eek:

Jdrake

You know, I don't think it hit me with the first child. We had a shed we could store things in and lots of extra space. When we have our second child the first was only 1. At that point it was insane and I realized how much room kids take up.

stayathomepaul

I always thought I had it bad until the kids got older and I lost my workspace to bikes. The whole shed was my sanctuary and now with 5 bikes it is no more!

Whoowap

I know what you mean. My wife and I ran out of space pretty quickly with out twins. We envied people with large houses at the time. Now, that the kids are a little older, we can finally afford to extend our home and build a couple of more rooms.

NoobDad

I did not realize it either. We have a new baby and I think we cluttered to quickly. So far the baby uses its crib, swing and stroller. We have a high chair but we don't use it yet, and our saucer won't be needed for a while either.

benben

Noob... I think we all got a little over zealous with our first child. I think we were over prepared which is much better than being under prepared. You live and learn.

stayathomepaul

We were over prepared for our first child as well. Now we are lucky to stay on par. We only just finished winter cloths shopping. Of course the next day it gets back in the 70s and 80s, so maybe we were ahead of schedule after all.

Daniel

We are minimalists and I think it made everything a lot easier. We used a laundry basket as a bassinet, the changing table was just a pad on top of a dresser and we didn't own a bouncer. The one piece of equipment that we couldn't have done without though was a swing. All kids love that swing.

SoontoBe

My wife has more baby clothes hanging in the closet than there are days the kid will be a baby. People keep giving her more of what they call "cute little outfits." If only they'd contribute to the college fund instead, we'd be set.