Discipline: you and your wife on the same page?

DadOf4

This is one of those things that will help with consistency around the home. If mom and dad aren't on the same page, the kids will soon figure out it's really easy to divide the parents and get what they way.

Papa Bear

That is so true! Parents should agree on how to discipline the children and the limitations set on their behavior. Otherwise it would be chaos!

Daffy

We always agree and if we don't, we stop and go into the next room and discuss it before we come out to talk to the child. We decided when we were first married that we would do that.

Glenn

That's what we plan on doing, Daffy. We have discussed this at length and I think we're pretty much in agreement. If we ever do disagree about something we're certainly not going to start arguing about it in front of our daughter. That would be counterproductive.

Andy

When we were together, that is the one thing we could agree on. It is hard now because we are in different households and our conversations are very brief.

newb2diaps

That is a great talk to have before you have kids and its something we thought long and hard about. Both of us did this to our own parents (although we are not going to tell them that, even at this age) and refuse to allow it to happen with our own kids.

CubFanJack

This has actually been an issue the last couple of months with me and my wife. She tends to give way too many second chances and I think our son is thinking all he has to do is cry and say he's sorry and that clears him of being in trouble.