Do you cook for yourself?

SingleDadNow

When I don't have the kids, I struggle with wanting to cook anything. I don't really want to continue the take-out nights, but it just seems like a lot of work to get stuff out and get the kitchen dirty, when it is just me. Do you bother, or do you live off of frozen meals, or what?

jason

Administrator
Staff member
Really depends on the mood. I have a stash of frozen left overs, but there are times I like to cook also.

BestDaddyEver

It depends on my mood, also. It is a mix. Sometimes I will cook, sometimes I will just throw a microwave dinner in the microwave. I enjoy cooking for my daughter, but when I am cooking just for myself, I often become lazy.

Karter

Yes sometimes I do cook. I can make roasted chicken, pasta and BBQ when the mood hits but my wife is a better cook than I am so I usually let her do it. When I'm alone I usually make a sandwich or microwave something leftover in the fridge.

Sinbian

Like Jason said it really depends on the mood. I'll usually prepare everything in the morning and stick to it 'till the end of the day.

Andersson

I like breakfast and lunch more than dinner so if I am cooking it is only one of those two times. The only time I cook dinner is for her birthday or Valentines (if we do not head out that is).

SingleDadNow

I have started making bigger meals when I have my kids, so that I will have leftovers during the week. This seems to be working out really well for me, because it is cheaper than getting take-out, but I also don't have to deal with the mess (and hassle) every night.