Doggie

lamant

Does anyone here have any hookups at their local SPCA? I had to deal with mine recently and it seems unless you are going there to adopt a pet, they treat you like total trash. I have never dealt with another one before so I am not sure if its my state or all are run in the same manner.

Jarred

I've had problems with them before too. They're just rude. We had a stray dog in our neighborhood at one time who had bitten a few people and I was afraid a kid was going to be next. Animal Control wouldn't do anything about it, so I caught the dog myself and took her over to the SPCA.

This was NOT my dog and I was just trying to make my neighborhood a safer place, but they charged me $110 to drop the dog off with them. I was outraged. The kept telling me it was a donation, but it was mandatory. Since when is a donation mandatory?? I won't have anything to do with them now.

Kyron

I think the majority of places you find are like that. I have no idea why but they assume you are the one who has done something wrong. I had a greyhound looking dog that was coming to my house and it looked like someone had used buckshot to run the dog off. I caught her and called the ASPCA. He came to my house and took her but he was very rude and wanted me to pay him. I told him to do his job or I was calling the County Judge (who I just happened to be friends with). He took her but said he was putting her down. I told him that was probably the best thing she could have done.