Doing things apart

BigPapa

There is always such a lot of talk about doing things as a family, but do you think that it is equally important to do things alone? I think that taking some time for yourself away from your family can be an important "reset".

Sinbian

Depends on what is resetting for you. Some people recharge their batteries when they spend time with their families. I guess not all people are the same.

Andersson

Yes I do but it is not something that should take place all of the time. You need to find a middle area that works for everyone, when you get too greedy bad things happen.

Sinbian

One more thing: if you're a parent than things like time alone or doing things apart don't apply. You gave up on such terms the day you got kids.

Victor

One more thing: if you're a parent than things like time alone or doing things apart don't apply. You gave up on such terms the day you got kids.
I completely disagree. Parents aren't martyrs. If a person recharges by being alone, that is not going to change just because he had kids. He may not be able to get as much as he previously had, I'll give you that, but it's not off the table altogether.

Timeless

I think most people need a little time to themselves. I have children and sometimes I just need to go off on my own to hear myself think. Not all the time but the occasional time alone is good for a person.

davie

I really appreciate it when I get a few minutes to myself. Sometimes it's nice to be able to recharge and take a breather... sometimes even the occasional nap is an amazing thing.