Don't be annoying!

Jakex3

One thing I learned is never to be annoying in the birthing room. So often I see labor portrayed in dramas and reality television and the fathers are just being annoying. I have even seen the father laying and putting pressure on the woman trying to give birth while she sits there uncomfortably. I have one friend who was being so annoying that his wife kicked him out of the delivery room!

Freezie

You do have to be careful, especially since you never know what might set a woman in labor off. The pain is already going to be irritating her enough so you have to be careful, and definitely don't get yourself kicked out!

Ralphie

A woman in labor, by definition, is already very annoyed. It almost doesn't matter what the father does, she will be annoyed. Your purpose is for her to have someone to be annoyed at!

Blake

A woman in labor, by definition, is already very annoyed. It almost doesn't matter what the father does, she will be annoyed. Your purpose is for her to have someone to be annoyed at!
True, but it helps if you don't make things worse. You never know what will set a woman off. Could be a simple comment that you think is supportive.