Fast Food

Don

How often do you let your kids eat fast food? We seem to end up at the the "Golden Arches" about once a week. Usually, it is on the weekends when we are out running errands.

CHenne

Ugh! Once a week is a lot for McDonald's! We tend to eat at Subway more often then any other fast food place. They have very healthy choices. I would say once every other week.

polamalu43

Not often and I'm glad. It's more of a treat for my family. No one really likes it all that much either. We order pizza out more often than anything. We also hit up Subway from time to time.

Victor

We eat it a little too frequently. If we could kick our weekly Pizza Hut habit, that would help immensely, since we only eat at Burger King once a month or so.

Andersson

We seldom eat it as it is but growing up the kids only got it as a treat. Have you ever read the calories and other things in these foods? It is amazing people are not dropping like flies eating this all the time.

BigPapa

The short answer is that I don't. I think those places are horrible and I would rather feed my daughter at home where I know what I am putting into her body. We do go occasionally, meaning every couple of months. Once a week is quite a bit for a place like McDonald's.

Bear

We only eat out a couple of times a year, and usually when we do it is such a big disappointment that we kick ourselves for having wasted the money on it.

Sinbian

We built the foundation of their nutrition at home but you can never save your kids completely from unhealthy=tasty foods, which are in some way one of life's enjoyments so we let them go wild from time to time. But they know what's good for them.

Michael

We grab fast food far too often. Usually it's when we're on a trip and it's just so easy to pull in, grab a burger and fries and head on down the road. These places are everywhere, so it's hard to ignore them, even if we'd rather have a better meal at home.

Enrique

My kids love fastfood but we only give in when there is extra cash for it. Usually, we eat home-cooked meals. They may not like it as much -especially the veggies - but they don't have a choice, either that or they go hungry.

meowcow

We try to keep our fast food visits to once or twice a month. During the past years we really have gotten a lot more educated as a society towards junk food, so it would be a tragedy to ignore those information. When we get the itch to eat out, we usually just opt to go to restaurants that serve freshly cooked food instead.

Timothy

We don't let our son eat fast food, because we know that if we do, he'll prefer it over home cooked food, the same way all the other kids in the family do. Since he's too young right now to understand that good tasting doesn't necessarily mean good for you, we just keep him away from it. AT ALL COSTS!

JRDeep

Fridays are when we usually go out to a fast food restaurant. It's usually Burger King. We try not to make it a set routine though, and end up doing it maybe every other week or so. Don't wanna get stuck in a habit that doesn't do much good in the long run.

FrankSinatra

A lot more than we should; 4 jobs between the two of us, she goes to school, and the kids needing things gets in the way of making something decent for dinner sometimes.

writer811

Once every week or so? Sometimes once a month. It's not often, fast food might taste amazing compared to almost everything else but it's not healthy and is only suitable as an occasional treat.

polamalu43

It seems like over the past month we have been eating more and more fast food. I think with all of the shopping trips and being in the city we have stopped for a quick bite to eat too often. I'm glad that is over now!