Fathers and giving birth

Enrique

I saw this poster on the net with a father surrounded by doctors and nurses in a hospital's delivery room. One nurse was cuddling a baby. At the bottom of the poster it says something like: A mother's wish come true. Or something to that effect.

That poster is funny. Can you imagine giving birth yourself? I couldn't and wouldn't even want to go there.

Victor

That is hilarious! No, I can't imagine giving birth myself. I think it's beautiful but it's also messy and looks painful. My wife is my hero for going through it and I'm so glad I don't have to.

HappyDad

Don't even want to go there. :) I've been in the delivery room and as beautiful as birth can be, there's also a slimy, messy side that I'd like to leave to the professionals.

BigPapa

I know that I would be too big of a baby to give birth myself. I applaud women everywhere who go through it. Like Victor said it is a beautiful thing to watch but I will definitely be leaving that miracle to my wife.

Waynefire

I cannot imagine giving birth! Women suffer horribly while giving birth and I know this is painful. Hopefully I never have to go through with this type of pain, but I heard passing a kidney stone is comparable.

flfsurveyor

Now, that we all seem to have a better appreciation of the risks and pain of childbirth, may we, men, think a gazillion times before agreeing or deciding to get our partners pregnant.

joeldgreat

Hi, I cannot imagine myself performing this very delicate task. I think I would rather be the one who will fainted if I will be in this situation. But maybe I would do it with every options fails. Do I simply place my hands in between the legs and wait till my baby pop's out? What will I do to the umbilical cord? What else would I do after the delivery?

Lorenzo

I saw this on a friend's facebook wall, "A human body can bear only up to 45 del (unit) of pain. But at the time of giving birth, a woman feels up to 57 del (unit) of pain. This is similar to twenty bones getting fracture at a time."

Makes me appreciate moms everywhere, and the sacrifice they go through in giving birth. I don't ever think I could do it myself, but I truly salute these brave and self-less women.

dreyz

I cannot, for the life of me, imagine that scenario. That is one of the things that I am very thankful of being a male. Just watching videos of giving birth and stuffs is enough to make me feel like jell-o after.

Foster

No I cannot imagine giving birth myself and I don't think I want to either. In fact I didn't really want to be at the birth of my children. I know some of you will think that sounds bad but I really dislike hospitals, to the extent that I've been told I go a green colour when I go in one.

tommymac

I can't imagine squeezing an object the size of a watermelon through a hole the size of a lemon. I actually long for a simpler time when women gave birth and the fathers waiting in a waiting are for the baby to be born. When my daughter was born, I went in with her mother. Mom was too drugged up to realize I was there and I couldn't see anything anyway because it was a C-section.

Although, I will say that cutting the cord was cool