fried food

wilson

I remember eating it as a kid but not all that much after I grew up and moved out of the house. I can not even think of a time we as a family ate fried chicken. Anyone else in the no fry zone?

LeonR

We don't do a lot of frying now, but we grew up on fried chicken. We had it at least once a week. My mom's fried chicken was the best. She used buttermilk, flower, lots of pepper and fried it in deep Crisco. My wife would have a fit if we cooked that way today.

janicecai1

I sure hope to do this, but right now, my son just adores fried chicken...especially when I have marinated it overnight with lots of garlic and some vinegar, soy sauce and also a bit of lemon squeezed in it. I just find it too stressful to force my son on eating steamed veggies, stir fried or sauteed food all the time. I dunno, maybe in time when I have helped my son with the transition it will be a "no-fry zone" for us too.

Kina

My mother never prepared fried food. I when I moved to the south I was kind of amazed at everything that gets fried down here. Nothing is safe from hot grease. I went to a place that had fried Oreos, and Twinkies! The even soaked sweet dough in Pepsi and fried it.

I do eat more of it than I should, but I will not eat a pastry or softdrink that is fired.

Victor Leigh

I used to like fried food when I was a kid. Now that I am an old man, I have kind of given up on fried food. Most of the food I eat are either steamed or boiled.

Godric

I always eat fried food but recently I have upgraded from fried dishes to instant noodles. I suppose I don't really have much time to spend when it comes to preparing dinner recently.

Babar

The only fried food we eat is out of convenience at fast food joints. I think owning your own personal fryer is a bad move!

Timothy

We only ate fried foods occasionally growing up. My mom only made fried chicken a handful of times, but when she did, it was amazing! My wife says her grandmother had a really good fried chicken recipe too, but she died without passing the recipe on so no one knows how she made it.

Victor

We eat fried food a little more than I'd like, especially since my in-laws don't seem to understand that food can be prepared in other ways. I'd say we have fried food once a week on average.