Friend's Girlfriend Had Her Baby

Chrisitan

They are a young couple and she just had her first baby whom they have named Asher. The problem is she was only 34 weeks along so the little boy is in NICU for the time being. He isn't on the ventilator but they will be watching him for a bit since he was so very early. They were able to give the mom some steroids to try to help to mature the baby's lungs so apparently it has helped to some extent. Congrats to the couple and cheers on the birth of their first baby!:D

John

They have come so far in meeting the needs of premature babies. A couple in our church had one about six years ago that weighed less than two pounds. It's amazing to see how well the little girl has done. She's still small, but she's a ball of fire, too. You'd never know she had problems early on.

Zimmer

While birthing a premature baby is still considered dangerous, modern medical science is more than equipped to handle it. A friend of ours has three kids and all of them were born premature, yet looking at them now you'd swear they're at least 2 years older than their peers.

Chrisitan

The little dude is doing well. He will still be in NICU for a few weeks because they are giving him tube feedings but he is doing well. My buddy says they got to hold him for a bit yesterday and he is already looking around like he's a year old instead of 34 weeks.

On The Mark

Amazing what modern medicine can do isn't it? I'm glad him and the parents are doing well. There's nothing like holding your baby for the first time.

Chrisitan

They are super thrilled, but it's hard for them to leave him there in the hospital. I know the mother is having a very hard time with it but I have been telling them both they will have him for the rest of their lives. I know it must be hard though.