Got let go

Bear

Well, after six weeks in a "fine dining" establishment I got let go last night. The executive chef quit about a month ago and they are trying to restructure things. The new kitchen manager just came up and told me after service last night that I was no longer on the schedule. :eek: I have to admit I was shocked...especially since Friday and Saturday nights are their busiest services.

Oddly enough I am not angry about it or anything. I actually have a real sense of peace about the whole thing. Don't get me wrong I am concerned about the financial implications, but I have to believe that everything will work out.

RichA

Well that stinks. I mean if you are okay with it that is fine but it can't be good losing your job. Hopefully you will find something else quick. It's a tough economy out there and I would hate for you to be out of work for a long time.

Bear

Well, I am certainly not happy about it, but just because of the odd way it happened I feel like it will work out. Don't get me wrong I started putting in applications at 8 am Friday morning!

Alfy

You didn't have any idea that this was going to happen? I hope you get something quick, since being without income is tough. Did they give you a reason for letting you go?

Bear

Thanks Jason, and no Alfy they didn't. I told the new manager I would like some more hours when they could swing it, he talked to the owners (supposedly) and came back after service and told me the owners were taking me off the schedule. It is definitely the first time I have had an employer fire me because I told them I wanted to work more!

Christian

That really stinks man! What restaurant owner in their right mind let's someone go before the weekend anyway? If they had any sense if they wanted to let you go it would have been after service Saturday or Sunday!