Grand babies and sunburn

Andersson

We headed out to the lake for a little bit over the weekend and two of the grand-babies came out of the trip with sunburn. Not too much but I was surprised at the lotion we used, it said it was the strongest possible and it looks as though it barely did a thing.

Victor

How often did you apply the sunscreen? Sometimes people forget to reapply often, and it's hard to get little kids to stand still for that, but not reapplying can lead to burns.

I hope the kiddos feel better soon.

BigPapa

I had the same problem myself this week. I put on sunscreen and still ended up burnt to a crisp. I think I remember hearing that anything over 45 doesn't really do anything.

Sinbian

Using the strongest factor is not enough. You need to reapply it often, almost every hour or so. Every company tells you that on the bottle.

On The Mark

I remember hearing that anything over 45 doesn't really do anything.
Kind of like anything over 110 degrees doesn't matter anymore. It's just flat out hot. The sun will wear off the lotion in time though. That's why you have to keep re-applying it I think.

olderthandirt

Even with sunscreen, if the sun is strong enough and you're out too long, you'll still end up with a burn. Sunblock slows it down some, that's all.