Grandparents & favorites

jason

Administrator
Staff member
I was talking to someone the other day, and they told me their grandparents play favorites. It seems her father was the "black sheep" of that side of the family. Although her and her husband seem to have their act together, the grandparents play favorites with their grandchildren.

So, does this happen in your family? I have not seen this happen on our family. Although on my side there is about 6 years difference between children, so maybe that is why.

Adam

I don't think this is happening in our family, yet. On my side of the family my parents only have one grandchild (soon to be two). My wife's side is the same thing. We are the first to have babies, and their grandchildren.

JDdad

Neither one of our families play favorites. My mom has a dry erase board on her fridge that says "we love all our grandchildren"and lists them all. Mind you their is a step daughter with 2 kids, a daughter in law with a child not by her son, her son, and her daughter has one and one on the way. So they defiantly make it a point that all the children are family. Same on the other side.

McGregor

It doesn't happen in my family yet. I am the eldest son in my old family and the first one to give my parents' grandchild. Of course currently my daughter is their favorite. :D

Jeff

My family is awful at playing favorites. They only seem to take one grandchild for sleepovers out of the 6 they have. It is really sad, but the others don't seem to realize it yet.