Growing Vegetables

Victor

Well, we finally did it. We started trying to grow a few vegetables and some herbs. I don't have a good track record, but maybe since we'll be using a growbox instead of planting in sandy soil, things will work out better.

youngone

We have been growing vegetables for 4 years now. We decided to fill in our pond and convert it into a vegetable patch. We grow onions, carrots, cabbage, cauliflower, turnips, potatoes and lettuce. It will save you money in the long run.

BigPapa

I have been growing a vegetable garden for several years and it saves so much money. All summer and fall I don't have to buy tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers, lettuce, zucchini or green beans. I have put up zucchini in the freezer for bread later on in the winter. I dehydrated tomatoes for later use. I made salsa, which would normally cost about $4 a container. I also made pickles that will get us through the winter too. It is so nice not to have to buy those things.

FrankSinatra

We just moved into a house from an apartment and are going to start soon. My parents did when I was younger and it was so nice to have fresh fruits and vegetables at every meal.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
That is great. It can be fun and rewarding also. I just planted four rows of our warm fall garden crop. Will try and plant some more today or later this week.

R. Paradon

In my city apartment we have a large enough area to plant but I rarely do. Some of the other residents plant vegetables and the "law of the land" here as in most parts of Thailand is help yourself. On occasional I will just drop a few seeds (mostly fruit) on the ground and it always amazes me that they grow! No green thumb - just fortunate enough to live in a tropical country that "automatically" grows food!