Grown Child Preggers at the Same Time

Babar

Have you ever know a family where both mother and older child were pregnant at the same time? Or does this sort of thing only happen on TV?

CHenne

I am sure it probably does happen but I don't know anyone like this. The mom could be having kids later in life and the daughter could be having them young too. It won't happen in our family.

Lorenzo

It's really weird, but yes, it does happen in real life. It even happened to my grandmother and her eldest daughter! My grandmother had a dozen kids and when she was pregnant with her youngest, her eldest daughter was also pregnant with her first child. :)

Andersson

Yes and it is someone in our family, the lady just has no idea when to stop having kids. Their ranges are from about 25 down to a year old now but who can keep up? When she was pregnant with her last her first born was pregnant with their first and the chatter was nonstop behind her back!

Last edited:

Bear

I don't think this is really commonplace anymore, but I am sure when families were much larger that it might have happened pretty regularly. Twenty-five years old all the way down to a one year old wow! That kind of sounds like the Duggar family!

Victor

I don't personally know anyone this has happened to, but I can easily see how it would if the mom started young. Most moms I know who started young, however, were sterilized while relatively young so they wouldn't get a surprise in their late 30s or early 40s.

writer811

No, it's not just on TV and yes, that has happened in my family before. I have an Uncle who's way younger than me!

BigPapa

My wife has 2 uncles and an aunt that are younger than her because her grandpa got remarried in his 60's and had a whole other family. I am sure it does happen more often than we think.

fairbjosh

WOW, I have never thought about that!! I would hate to be the dad in that situation to have a pregnant wife and pregnant daughter that would not be a fun house lol.

Andersson

Be thankful there is a dad in the picture to start with. The person I was mentioning earlier had zero help from the "baby daddy" and neither did her daughter, talk about Double, Double Toil and Trouble!

Victor Leigh

I have seen it happening in my friend's family. When his eldest son got married and his daughter-in-law became pregnant, his wife became pregnant, too. With his twelfth child. That's quite a feat, isn't it?

HappyDad

I've heard about that type of situation but I've never actually seen where the mom and oldest daughter are pregnant at the same time. There's just something weird about that when I think about it but it happens.