Grumpy Baby

Victor

I think my 7 month old must be teething. She has been so grumpy and putting her down has been nearly impossible for the last few days. Once my wife gets home from work, I hand the baby off because I've had to hold her so much that I can't get anything done.

Enrique

I'm sorry to hear that. A teething baby sure is a lot of hard work. If you have a pacifier, that would help ease the teething sensation. It also works best if you put the pacifier first inside the fridge before giving it to your baby, as it numbs the gums.

Betterman

I hate the teething stage. We're still in it with our son. The worse was around 6-7 months. They have the big growth spurt and teething so they only want to be held.

Victor

I wish she would take a pacifier but she's never liked it. We've been using cold teething rings, each of which last for about a minute before she tosses it aside and I got some Hyland Teething Tablets, which seem to help a little.

micromachne

Ah, the teething phase. I've just been going through this myself lately. I think that the teething phase was the only time my wife didn't mind me holding the baby. Because it saved her shoulder from becoming a chew toy and mine took that place.

But as the others above already said, those cold teething rings are a life saver.

Niceness8000

Mine went through that stage at that age. Probably the worst period in the year and a half of his life. It is just a stage and it will pass. Even though it seems like it won't right now. Just tough it out.