Handing off

Andy

How do you do your hand off with your children? Do you and your ex have it written in your divorce decree how you will exchange the children on visitation days?

KSmith

My wife and I are still on fairly friendly terms with each other. Plus,we don't want our own problems to cause our children more stress than the divorce already has. We didn't have it written into the divorce decree because we agreed that they would be handed off in a civil manner.

A friend of mine did have it written into the decree because his wife was giving him problems with getting his kids while they were separated.

I think writing into the decree depends on what is needed.

Caleb

I can't imagine handing my kids off - I bet it is really hard. My brother is a divorcee and he has to meet his ex-wife at a store and hand them off. It's really odd if you ask me.

Jessie

Mine was written out in the divorce decree because she claims she didn't trust me to do as I say. We have changed the place a couple times and the time of exchange becuase of work or moving. The court just makes us send a new paper typed up and signed by both of us. Pretty easy and we are on good terms in front of our son.