Has divorce turned into an epidemic?

Zimmer

We were having a BBQ with some friends yesterday, when they decided to tell us that they are getting a divorce. If this continues, we'll have more single friends than married ones.

On The Mark

Sometimes I think it's an epidemic as well. At the same time I was going through one, 2 people I know were going through theirs as well. When you live in a small town, 3 at the same time seems like a lot.

Andersson

I think that many people tend to get married for most of the wrong reasons and that ends up in divorce. I do not think it is a marriage issue it is more of a issue when it comes to people making the wrong decisions.

Zimmer

I think that many people tend to get married for most of the wrong reasons and that ends up in divorce. I do not think it is a marriage issue it is more of a issue when it comes to people making the wrong decisions.
You might be right about that, it seems like most people get married because it's something you're supposed to do. When in fact they don't even really know the person next to them.

stewy

I'm currently split from my wife and, yes, it does seem that more and more of my friends are in the same position. My wife left me after telling me all the things she thought I ought to have been doing over the last eight years. Seems that I really didn't know her at all!

Chrisitan

People don't think before they rush into things. Then too, people change. I'm divorced and remarried and I have to say I'm a different person than I was when I got married to my first wife. Most of my friends have been married at least one time before they are married to their present spouse.

Salazar

I agree with Andersson that people get married for the wrong reasons. I know my first marriage was based on all the wrong things. I don't have lots of friends going through a divorce, but based on the statistics, I think people need to put more thought into what is supposed to be a lifetime commitment; I wish I had when I was getting married for the first time.

Andersson

I am always amazed when people drop that kind of a bomb during a random get together. I think we are just hearing more about it now because people are not paying attention when they are getting married in the first place. How many annulments are there in a year, anyone know?

Blue44

There are a lot of things to understand and consider when two people get married, yet most people, myself included, don't know all that there is to it. First, you are probably opposites, that's why you were attracted to each other. Then you need to learn each other's strengths and weaknesses and learn how to blend them to get the best results for you as a team. I could go on, but you get the picture. When things like this are not taken into consideration, and the road gets bumpy, it's just easier to say, "I quit" than to work it all out.