How involved are you?

Richie

Just wondering, to what extent you guys are (or have been) involved in the pre-natal process? Do you go to clinic appointments or birthing classes? My wife is leaving it up to me to decide how much I get to.

stewy

I went along with my wife to the pre natal classes. There were a lot of other guys there too so you won't feel out of place and it was interesting. It was good for us both to have the same information.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
I go to most appointments. I have not been able to make 100% of them. We have not done any classes.

Jessie

I went to all the appointments and to the birthing classes with her. She appreciated the support and I did learn some things too. Their was only one person in our class that had someone other than their babies father with them.

noahsdad

I made most of the appointments that I could and we did not do classes as this was my wifes second child. I would have gone if she wanted to though I wanted to be at all the appointments but work wouldn't work with me on a couple.

Daddy-O

As with most of the others, I went to every one of my wife's prenatal doctor visits. Every one. I think it's important as a husband and a father to be there for your wife and your unborn child. I think it shows a lot of love and class.

Richie

Thanks guys. I was worried I would be the only man around, especially as so many people have babies alone these days. My wife said she'll do the classes if I want to because it is our first baby together. (Wow it is still so exciting to say that.)