How many hours do you spend on cleaning?

stayathomepaul

Something must be wrong in my house. I timed myself to find out how much time I spend cleaning. It is about an hour a floor 5 or 6 days a week. That is three hours a day. Does that sound like too much?

Jdrake

It is hard to say. It depends on how many people are in the family and how big your house and your yard is. I asked my wife what she spends on housework and she seems to think 3 hours is a fair number. Of course then there is managing kids and other things too.

bighelp

Are you the only one who is doing the cleaning? How about handing tasks out, the more hands the quicker the work is done and less stress for you.

polamalu43

Wow, that stinks if you are the only one cleaning. We pick up the house every night and it doesn't take too long. We do the major clean on the weekend which takes about 3 hours.

Albert

Out house has only two floors, so I would say that cleaning takes me about an hour and a half, because my wife helps out a bit as well. Cleaning the yard takes a little longer, but luckily we don't have to do that every day...

Mel

And what does your wife think of this? If you were to ask my wife if 3 hours a day is too much, she would probably say it's not nearly enough!

john1007

It usual takes about two hours a day for us. We bought a roomba to help ease some of the cleaning while we raised our baby. It was probably one of the best things we bought in awhile. It may not be a heavy duty vacuum but it gets the job done. I think it saved us at least 15 minutes of house work.

Paul1960

Something must be wrong in my house. I timed myself to find out how much time I spend cleaning. It is about an hour a floor 5 or 6 days a week. That is three hours a day. Does that sound like too much?
I don't think that's too much. I stay at home, too, and I spend about an hour a day cleaning our house, but there's only 1 floor, so it's still an hour per floor. There's just a lot more to cleaning a house than you initially might think.

Blended

That's a bit too much. Either you are living in a big house with lots of people of you are spending too much time on it. I'd say that an hour every other day seem reasonable.

Howard

I guess that it all depends on how clean you want your house to be. We just clean house once a week on Saturday morning. We all pitch in for about 3 hours and get it done.

TakeYourTime

I clean all the time, but the work never gets done. We strew things all over the house, the yard, the car and anywhere else that has bare space. I think we simply have too much stuff.

bighelp

I tend to clean up in bits and pieces too, it does help after-all. I can tell you after this weekend we have tons to clean up and its going to start today with everyone helping out.