I hate mowing

polamalu43

I swear with this heat wave we have going I thought it would kill the grass. No such luck! I swear it is making the grass grow quicker. I hate mowing! I spent a couple of hours this morning on the lawnmower.

Victor

I can relate. I'm mowing every week now and even in the early mornings it's in the 80s. Usually it's close to 90 by the time I get done.

Sinbian

And now you know exactly how I feel with this heat! :) I tell you these temperatures are only good for resting inside and just doing nothing.

polamalu43

It has cooled off over the last few days. It rained yesterday and rain makes the grass grow too. I love this time of year but I dislike mowing. I think I will pay my son to do it.

BigPapa

I actually love to mow the lawn. It gives me some time to just be alone and collect my thoughts. I like the physical activity aspect of it too.

Andersson

If you can avoid the heat please do. We have avoided trying to mow in the late evening and opt instead for an early bird rise. If I can get out there before eight or so the temp is just right for me.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
I never did mind mowing the lawn. It is mowing the dirt here I hate. I do miss mowing lawns with my brother when he had the business. Great during the warmer season here in Florida. Got a good work out, the heat didn't bother me. But like I said we have a lot of sand here and I always hated those lawns.

Salazar

Mowing never used to bother me, but for some reason I have been avoiding it as much as possible this summer. My wife has been on me about it and I still don't care to get it done. I'll probably have to cave in and do something about it this weekend.

On The Mark

I always go out when the temperature is right. Late evenings work best for me. I always did enjoy lawn work and the smell of fresh cut grass goes well with the evening air.

Victor

I never did mind mowing the lawn. It is mowing the dirt here I hate. I do miss mowing lawns with my brother when he had the business. Great during the warmer season here in Florida. Got a good work out, the heat didn't bother me. But like I said we have a lot of sand here and I always hated those lawns.
We live by the beach so our lawn is very scrubby and sandy. While I dislike mowing in the heat, I don't mind that it's sandy.

Bear

My poor wife had to cut ours this weekend and it had gotten really, really thick. We hadn't been able to cut it in a couple of weeks.