Into the Markers

Victor

I was making a marinade yesterday while my wife was still working and when I finished, I discovered the kids had found a Sharpie! My older girl had given herself "lipstick" and "nail polish" while the younger basically had a colored mask on her face. I had to laugh even as I took the marker away and tried to clean them up. The youngest still has some residual marks on her face.

Bear

Oh, no! My youngest got into the Sharpie out of my chef coat for school and drew all over it! My wife worked for three days trying to get it out of my coat with no luck. We lock up all of the Sharpies now!

SingleDadNow

I have a funny picture of my son when he was about 2, with his face completely covered with lipstick. I have a not-so-funny mark on the upstairs carpet, where he (2 years later) found another lipstick and colored all over the rug!

DeputyDad

Now that mine are getting older, we can trust them more with markers. There was a time, though, that all the permanent markers were kept out of reach and they were only given the water soluble kind that clean up easy. :)

Victor

I thought the markers were out of reach, DeputyDad, but apparently the kids are getting too smart for their own good. We put the markers up even higher.

olderthandirt

At least it was on them and not the walls. I will never forget having to paint over my girls' artwork on one apartment bedroom. It wasn't funny when it happened, but three years later when we were moving, it was kind of nostalgic seeing their pictures.

DeputyDad

Luckily, too, that it didn't get all over the furniture. I had a friend that had that happen with a brand new, very nice couch. There is no good way to get those kind of marks out!

BigPapa

One of my buddies had the same thing happen only the kids did not stop at writing on themselves. They got it all over the walls too! It was a rental, so it was a big problem. We all came over and helped them repaint.