Just venting

Michael

Our neighbor across the street had her sixth kid last summer. Now she's pregnant again. She lives with a man, but they are not married. They live on welfare from what they get for all these children. That's why she doesn't get married. The government will cut off her check. She has never worked. Neither does he. She also is going to school and gets money for that. She keeps taking courses, but she has no intention of getting a job.

Christian

That stinks, and it really stinks that a few (very few) people like this take advantage of the system, and make it harder for others who need help to get it.

wilson

I have a younger niece like that (via marriage) and it bothers us to no end, she openly admits to not getting a job for the same reason (cut checks). I would love for someone to get her on tape, turn her in for fraud and have it all stripped from her.

Salazar

It's people like this that make me feel cynical about the whole system. It's not that I don't want to help people who are truly down and out temporarily, but I work too darn hard for people like this to be taking my tax dollars.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
Sadly it is a story I see all too often. I have old friends who I do not see anymore that work the system like that. Bugs the heck out of me as I bust my butt and they just sit back and wonder why I do not go out parting all the time like they do.

Michael

I've never said anything to her, but we mostly ignore them. I also don't encourage my daughter to play with her children for fear of her picking up the ways of that motley group of people. Luckily, all the children are younger than my daughter. What this woman is doing to her kids is child abuse in my book. Children are more than just a meal ticket.

wilson

I do not understand it at all, its a cycle that just keeps going. Kids raised this way will more than likely do the same thing they grew up in. And whats worse is if they don't then they are more than likely going to avoid being a parent all together.

meowcow

This sounds so frustrating. It's amazing how people can just live with themselves knowing they are not contributing anything positive to society. More so when they manipulate the system and take without giving back. I would say someone should teach her a lesson and take those kids from her so she will wake up to reality when those checks stop coming and she starts to miss her children.

clipt

wow six kids and their on welfare.. what they need to do is either get the tubes ties or get a vasectomy.. It's people like this that abuse the system. I'm sure those kids won't even get to have a decent upbringing.

Andersson

We have came to a point in life where personal responsibility has been taken over by entitlement issues. People think they should get everything for free rather than work hard for it. Yes prices went up on everything, but how does it help us as a whole when half of us (or more) are milking the only system we have.

Lieutenant

I to get frustrated with people who play the welfare system. There is currently laws moving through the legislature that will make it much harder to obtain government assistance. This will curb abuse and will allow people who truly have a need to obtain the resources they need.

collin

As a guy who managed large inner city apartments years ago, I saw a ton of this stuff. I would report them, even if it is not against the law what they are doing. If enough people show outrage against this sort of thing, and shame them from this behavior...this is what our country needs. A return to some morality from all people everywhere. These lazy, good-for-nothing types need to be put in there place. we should not sit by and allow this sort of thing to happen. we have to take back morality and decency again. if you do nothing, it will continue and embolden other lazy people to do the same. It is happening all around us... we need to take a stand against this stuff and take action. And for God's sake's, be sure to complain, and DEMAND to your Congressmen to get them to take up legislation against this sort of thing... or tell them we'll kick them out of office. TAKE ACTION... or you won't be helping a thing! The telephone and emails can be very useful weapon against this sort of thing.

clipt

I to get frustrated with people who play the welfare system. There is currently laws moving through the legislature that will make it much harder to obtain government assistance. This will curb abuse and will allow people who truly have a need to obtain the resources they need.
How would the laws work?

Victor Leigh

This is one time when I wish that there is such a law as court-ordered sterilization. Then we can report such people and have them neutered.