Kids Committing Suicide?

SeaUrchin

I have never heard of the number of young people, even kids as young as 11 committing suicide before! I know preteens and teens go through that emo stage where everything is a tragedy but what is possessing them to go this far? Is it society that's putting the idea into their heads or is it something else? I'm disturbed about this.:(

Richard

Unfortunately, it has been happening. I'm not sure about exact figures, but suicides in young kids were a big problem in Japan for a while...still might be. This is why I try to have a very open and communicative relationship with my kids.

SeaUrchin

Those aren't the only ones but they are a part. The kids killing themselves because of bullying, whether the kids are gay or not, are disturbing. This is one I was thinking of Parents try to help after Perkins boy's suicide; family says bullying was a factor | NewsOK.com Bullying has always been a part of life in school. So why is it causing these suicides now? I can't imagine losing my kids this way. Why are kids now thinking that suicide is the answer? I remember being bullied when I was in school. I was small for my age until I got to my teen years and then things evened out.