Leaving you alone

Pascallist

Please moms, let us know what you are actually expecting when you say, "Leave me alone." Are you really wanting to be left alone? Should we take the kids away?

Clive

Women can be so confusing sometimes, can't they? I know with my wife when she says, "Leave me alone," I had better hightail it out of her sight for a while. On the flip side, I have some friends whose wives say that, but they actually mean the opposite. How's a guy supposed to know what to do?

Greendad

Well, sometimes it confuses me as well. There were rare times when my wife said that, and when she did so, I wouldn't immediately leave her till she said, "I mean it."

Sportsfanatic

Clive has it right. Many times they just want you to give them affection and be sweet to them. When tensions are high and she says leave me alone, I would do exactly that. Even if it's the wrong move, I won't keep trying to stay in an arguement.

Jonathan

I tend to do what she says she wants as well. She may mean the opposite, but I am more a lip reader than a mind reader.

taskeinc

I hear ya

Women can be so confusing sometimes, can't they? I know with my wife when she says, "Leave me alone," I had better hightail it out of her sight for a while. On the flip side, I have some friends whose wives say that, but they actually mean the opposite. How's a guy supposed to know what to do?
Correct me if I'm wrong ladies but I think that's the plan, to keep us off guard. If you say, "leave me alone" and we do so, we either have to wait for you to come around, or we try again later. If we try to soon to communicate, we might get in trouble, if we don't try at all we might get in trouble.

Leaving the house is not an option because we just might go out and have too much fun (a round of golf or basketball with buddies).

Sometimes though, that alone time for you is good for us. I used to like it. But, I really shouldn't comment here (guess I already have) because fortunately, oops, I mean, unfortunately, my wife divorced me 12 years ago. :)