Life Insurance?

SeaUrchin

Do you and your wife have life insurance? I recently was offered more insurance by the same company who I have had the policy through for quite some time. I don't have as much as I would like to have though. What do you think?

SamMo

My wife has a company pension that would give me a widowers pension should anything happen to her, but she's younger than me so I don't expect that to happen. Unfortunately I don't have anything so she has bombed out there. I couldn't possibly afford any now at my age.

youngdad

I have life inurance that my parents got when I was young and a policy through work. I've been thinking about getting a policy that isn't connected to work. I don't plan to spend the rest of my life at that job, and I don't think I get to keep the policy when I quit.

CHenne

Yes we both have life insurance. We have it through our jobs and then through another life insurance company. You don't just want life insurance through your job, then if you leave you have none.

Jeff

I have life insurance through work and the wife and I were just discussing this Monday! I have been quoted decent rates through my car insurance company and for $30 a month I don't see how we couldn't to make sure our children were ok if something were to happen.

Aaron

I had a really good life policy then lost my job! So I recommend getting one on your own for that reason or if you know your not going to retire from your current job. I have one for my wife and I and also for the kids.

Jessie

We do not have private life insurance policies. I guess I never thought of it. I will be talking to my insurance agent tomorrow to see what kind of options I would have for it!

HappyMan

Currently we don't have life insurance, but that is going to change. I have a medical for me next week, and I'm looking forward to knowing my family will be looked after.

SeaUrchin

We have decided to take out more. I would like to know that my wife and kids would have some financial leeway if something happened to me. I'd like that same cushion if something happened to her. On one salary these days, there is no way you could pay for college for three kids.