Living alone again

Andy

How do you handle the quiet when you are at your home all alone?

The silence drives me crazy. I run my television all the time. It isn't the same as when the family was here, but it helps a bit.

MatthewR

I'm sorry to hear that you are on your own again. I'm not a single father but my wife and kids do travel without me a couple of times a year. They vacation with some friends for 2 weeks in the summer.
I try to stay busy, I do things that I don't do when they are home (meet the guys for wings). I also fix up some part of the house.
TV and music would be a good choice to have on. I'm thinking it will get better for you as time goes by.

Daffy

Andy, you really need a hobby. I remember when I went through my divorce. It was horrible until I started branching out and doing things I'd never done before. I went back to the bowling alley and went to the library. I met friends at the pub and we would all go to a ball game or just hang out. It's going to feel raw for a while, but once you get yourself busy, you'll be a lot better.

Papa Bear

Hanging out with friends and doing something to keep your mind and body busy helps a lot. You could start by rearranging the house to lessen the memories.

Verny

I can't say that I know what you feel Andy because I really don't. Do things that makes you entertained and try to avoid the activities that you have done while you still had the whole family.

Andy

It will get better, I am sure. This is all new to me. We are just recently separated. Of course all the horrible emotions are there that come with the territory. Right now I am working, getting the house together and hanging with the kids.