Making a terrarium

John

Wish us luck. My daughter has to make a terrarium for her school project. We cleaned out a giant pickle jar and are off to look for things to put into it. I'm thinking of turning it on its side to get more things inside. School is so much fun at my age. I'm biting my tongue.

Don

Can you glue it to a board so that it doesn't roll? I remember doing one of those when I was a kid. It was really interesting and actually lasted a lot longer than I thought it would.

Salazar

My wife was just talking about making a terrarium with our daughter and she asked for my help because I'm usually the one with the green thumb around here. What kind of plants are you putting in it? I really don't know much about terrariums, but I think it's a cool concept and a good project for a kid.

Andersson

I have no green thumb myself but I am looking into a similar project, well sort of. I want to setup a fish tank since all of the kids love animals but we do not have any more room for four legged friends in our place.

John

So far, we have placed it in a cut-out place on a thick sheet of Styrofoam so it won't roll. We're testing some mosses we found in the woods behind our house to see if that will take hold. Then we'll try adding some other plants that like moist environments. My thinking is that my daughter needs to test various plants herself and draw her own conclusions.