Man, is it cold!

Bear

I don't know about where you are, but I am down south and it is downright cold! We are supposed to have freezing temperatures Friday and Saturday night. That doesn't usually happen down here until close to Thanksgiving. :eek:

DeputyDad

I'm in the northeast and it's a blustery day here today. It's only 42 degrees right now and it's almost noon. It's been rainy and gloomy this past week. We've been wanting to get out and take a drive to look at all the fall colors but that won't happen today. Hopefully there will still be some left by the time we get out there.

Bear

Thankfully, it is supposed to warm back up a little this week. I was hoping it wouldn't be too cold for Halloween because this is the first year my kids are going to trick or treat.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
Was in the 70's this past week. Now they are saying 88 degrees on Halloween. Almost a new record. I was just enjoying having the windows open this weekend.

Blue44

This is my favorite time of year. The weather is usually mild, not too hot or too cold. The fall colors are beautiful and it's great to be able to get to enjoy the great outdoors. However, it's only going to be a few more weeks and the weather will change. It will be cold and uncomfortable any place except beside the wood stove.

olderthandirt

Sure, rub it in, Jason. I'm in the northeast, too, but it wasn't gloomy all week here on the coast where I am. It was raining off and on for a couple of days, but the temperatures were in the high 60s at the same time. Yesterday, we did have a cold front come in, though, and it went down below freezing last night. Not incredibly unusual for this time of year, but I still am not looking forward to full-blown winter.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
Sure, rub it in, Jason. I'm in the northeast, too, but it wasn't gloomy all week here on the coast where I am. It was raining off and on for a couple of days, but the temperatures were in the high 60s at the same time. Yesterday, we did have a cold front come in, though, and it went down below freezing last night. Not incredibly unusual for this time of year, but I still am not looking forward to full-blown winter.
I actually do not mind the cold. I miss it sometimes. Although I do not like having to have multiple sets of clothing.

Andersson

We went ahead and got all of the winter coats out from storage. We have had some nice sunny days and some gloomy ones like today. It has been nothing but high winds, rain and fog.

BigPapa

It has been hovering around 30-40 degrees with high winds for about a week. I am already ready for summer to come back and winter hasn't even officially started! We had to dig out the winter gear last weekend.