Man Who Hasn't Worked In 5 Years

GranddadHoward

I know the economy is not great and jobs are scarce in lots of areas, but how many women would stay with a man who hasn't tried to get a job in 5 years and won't help the woman at home? My neighbor lady is in that position and she just will not leave.

ChristopherT

My sisters have dated some real losers too. Tell her to get a cat and then she'll realize she's better off without him. Be careful with your attention though. You wouldn't want her to set her sights on you!

Pascallist

A friend of mine hasn't worked for that long either. His wife works in a public school, the grandparents (from the wife side) take care of his only son, and he wanders around all the day.

Last edited:

Luke

I think a lot of people give up after looking for so long and not being able to find anything. I know several friends that have not been able to find anything but occasional temp jobs for a few days in three years. I think it's not talked about a lot but that can be extremely harsh on a man's self-esteem.

Salazar

I just don't see any excuse for this. It may not be the money they need or want, but lots of places are still hiring. My work ethic is such that if I had no choice but to work at McDonald's I would do it.

youngdad

How can a man sit around for that long and let the woman shoulder all the pressure of making ends meet? Not being able to find work is one thing, but not trying is another.

WagnerB

I hate it when a man doesn't try to find a job while he has a wife and kids to be responsible for. Jobs are always there for those who wouldn't mind to do not so wonderful things to get paid.

Sportsfanatic

Well sometimes they have been together so long that she feels attached to the man no matter what he does. In this case, it's pretty extreme because anyone in their right mind wouldn't be with a deadbeat guy, but she can't imagine life without him so she is stuck. It's probably going to take some outside influence to wake her up to this.

firstdad

Sometimes, a man is too proud to get a job that pays less than what the wife gets. He'd rather be jobless. But that is a wrong attitude in my book. Every cent counts especially when the economy is bad.

wilson

I only know of one and she is not the brightest bulb if you get my drift. People who do nothing other than waste space make it harder for the rest of us.

Jdrake

I work of course, but I can understand the mans fear of failure. Choosing to fail is better than the fear of failing when you tried. But is it really better? Not at all, it is just easier, or seems like it is. As a man we have to learn to get over our insecurities, cause no one will do it for us.