Miss My Son's Hockey Games

Timeless

For years we would go to my son's hockey games and cheer him and his teammates on. He decided he no longer wanted to play hockey and wanted to spend more time hanging out with friends and doing homework. I'm finding I miss the socializing with other parents and the excitement of the game. Are any of your children involved in hockey?

davie

We have gone a couple of times to the tryouts that they have at the local ice rink. However, the cost was way too much in the end for our son to participate in the hockey league. We are doing flag football now and will be doing baseball next year. I really get into it...

Timeless

You're right davie, it is expensive. He played competitive hockey for years and we found it ridiculous how expensive it was. When you think of the low number of kids who actually go on to play in the big hockey leagues, it is a lot of money to invest with no assurance of anything in the future.

BigPapa

We go to my nephew's games occasionally. They are a lot of fun. Perhaps you could get together with the parents and do something else. After all, you don't have to give up the friends you made because your son isn't playing anymore.