Money issues

Samuel

When your children get older and you are earning the same amount of money, sooner or later you start to feel a bit tight on your money. Does this concern you? Should I be concerned about this? Should I force them to get a part time job or focus on their studies?

DaddyBob

When your children get older and you are earning the same amount of money, sooner or later you start to feel a bit tight on your money. Does this concern you? Should I be concerned about this? Should I force them to get a part time job or focus on their studies?
That is such a good question. If, after 10 YEARS of working and I am still getting THE SAME amount of money... I would QUESTION MYSELF....

Why am I still earning the same amount? Why was I dumb enough to stay in that job?

jason

Administrator
Staff member
It is tough. I would say kids can have a part time job, as long as it does not interfere with school.

Kromer

I would want my children to have at least a part time job when they are 16. Even if I have to drive them back and forth, I think it teaches them a sense of responsibility and how to handle money with guidance from my wife and I. Homework certainly comes first but I think they need to learn life skills as well.

Poppy

I would rather my child learn about work and handling money when they are young enough to make a few mistakes without it being a major problem. I don't want them to miss school or not do homework but I think they learn better by doing rather than watching.

BigJohn

I think that you already realize that there is a need for financial planning. You really need to figure out what you want, and what you are willing to do. I would talk to a financial planner to see what the best way to manage your money so it doesn't become a burden.