Morning Sickness

Victor

Do your wives suffer from morning sickness? Mine has to deal with it; throwing up and constant nausea for weeks on end sounds terrible. :(

It can be a little frustrating for me too, because I will spend time cooking something for her, then she'll take one bite and push it away because the very thing that sounded good now nauseates her. We quickly learned to make only fast meals.

AceOfHype

Yes, it's quite worrying and sad to see your loved one go through such a process.

It was definitely hard for me, So don't worry your not alone.

I just tried to keep her as comfortable as possible during the process, and took her out for long works once she was starting to feel better.

The stage will be over soon, hang in there buddy!

Victor

Oh, she's not pregnant now, but we're considering another child. I've seen her go through that twice and I hate to watch her do it a third time. It's funny though, because otherwise she loves being pregnant and it's like she forgets how bad it is during that first trimester.

Isabellas2007

Yes, it is terrible to see them suffering like this! One thing my wife used to do was suck on a peppermint. This worked out great at helping to reduce the nausea and it was not involving any medication which would harm the baby!

Enrique

Whether we like it or not, morning sickness is really a part of pregnancy. I'm glad my wife was a trouper who never complained, even when she was throwing up every few minutes while pregnant.

Victor Leigh

It doesn't always happen the same way with every child. Sometimes my wife had morning sickness for the first few months. Sometimes, she would be sick right up to delivery. At other times, she went through the entire pregnancy as if nothing has changed.

Geonarlie

My wife had morning sickness and it was really difficult to see. It looks like it would be extremely annoying and just plain bad. I completely understand what you mean by cooking for her and she can't even really eat it. I didn't cook anything to great when my wife had morning sickness.

Andersson

Mine did for each child and she swore she would never have another one, that was the only bad part about her pregnancies. No swollen ankles, long labors or anything else but the sickness always bothered her.

BigPapa

Morning sickness sucks! My wife was sick for most of her pregnancy until she found out it was the prenatal vitamin concoction she was taking. At the advice of the midwife she switched to only a B complex and she was much better after that.

joeldgreat

I think I am the few husband who doesn't have a wife who goes through the "morning sickness" ordeal during pregnancy. But it was the "cravings" that made me crazy. Green mango dip in chocolate flavored ice cream would be her favorite for the three pregnancies she have.

streakanime

I think what is worse for me is her weak stomach. If she manages not to make it to a trash can or bathroom... She cannot really clean it up herself. She would continue to puke and puke as long as she is looking at it. Fortunately, I have a pretty strong stomach and have been able to clean it up the few times its happened. My wife has asthma. I hate seeing her get sick like that because she usually has trouble breathing afterwards.

flfsurveyor

Make her suck on candies or chew peppermint gum to keep her from puking. Seeing our wives go through that and then later the delivery itself makes us all marvel at the female's strength. That's why partners really have to think it through before deciding on having a child. As a joke goes -- there will be some lifting, mopping up of the spillage, shouting, crying, and that's just during conception.

taskeinc

Unfortunately, morning sickness is just something you have to deal with. Some women are not that bad with it, my ex-wife handled hers very well. As a matter of fact, for reasons unbeknownst to me, she was very peaceful, laid back, during both of her pregnancies. Nothing seemed to bother her that much.

My suggestion, if you have to deal with MS just go with the flow, don't argue, don't fuss, if she doesn't like something you cooked, just say, "I understand" and either throw it out, or wrap it up, put it in the fridge and save it for later. It's best not to get into it AT ALL with a pregnant spouse, it's a no win situation for you all the way around.

Hedonologist

Mine has suffered from morning nausea even before pregnancy. The pregnancy initially made it worse but after solving the initial causes which were eating late at night and poor digestion, it is actually less severe now than it was before the pregnancy. Dehydration was also a major causes of the pre pregnancy sickness so watch out for that.

Victor

I think what is worse for me is her weak stomach. If she manages not to make it to a trash can or bathroom... She cannot really clean it up herself. She would continue to puke and puke as long as she is looking at it. Fortunately, I have a pretty strong stomach and have been able to clean it up the few times its happened. My wife has asthma. I hate seeing her get sick like that because she usually has trouble breathing afterwards.
That does sound awful, especially with the asthma issue. I'm always surprised when I see my wife able to clean up her own vomit, but she does it. Usually she can make it to a sink or something and save herself the trouble, though.