Mother gets 99 years jail time

Lorenzo

Have you read the news about a 23-year old mother who was sentenced to 99 years in jail for beating up her two year-old daughter, and gluing her hands on the wall?

If what she did wasn't horrible enough, she also admitted to not feeling any remorse about what happened. Seriously? I think there is something very wrong with this woman.:mad:

Dad Brad

I read that article. The really sad thing was that she had more children at home, I think. Why have them in the first place if you don't want to have to deal with the trouble? I'll bet she ends up with conjugal rights in prison and begets another child or more.

Andersson

They still have conjugal rights in most places? News to me but yes this woman is sick in the head. I hope she gets some care that she desperately needs. There are many parents out there who should not be parents, she is just proof that they exist.

Gavin

I haven't heard of this, but good. She doesn't deserve to be in society and certainly doesn't deserve to be around children. There really should be some kind of maturity or paternal test for men and women before they have kids. I know that sounds kind of extreme, but so is what that woman did to her child.

Bear

Personally, I think 99 years in prison is way too good for her. Unless of course, the other mothers in prison take care of her the same way child molesters and rapists are usually handled.

BigPapa

I had not heard of this but I agree that 99 years is going too easy on her. This woman is a monster if she could glue a 2 year old's hands to a wall. This is a case where I hope Karma comes around and hits that lady hard.

CHenne

No kidding! Something is wrong with her. I can't imagine anyone being so heartless. How about her hands get superglued together and see if she has remorse! 99 years! Hopefully she serves every one of them.

Bear

Not only did she superglue her two year old to the wall, but she proceeded to beat and kick her to a bloody pulp after that. She beat that poor girl in front of her other children. According to the article I read originally about this, the doctor who treated the little girl wasn't even able to keep her composure on the stand describing the poor kid's injuries.

Don

I had heard about this, but didn't realize that she beat her too. We have been following a case in our community where the parents kept their son locked in his bedroom for several years. When he became 17, the father gave him a bus ticket and sent him out to California.

Lorenzo

We have been following a case in our community where the parents kept their son locked in his bedroom for several years. When he became 17, the father gave him a bus ticket and sent him out to California.
You would think something like this happens only in movies, right? It makes you wonder what actually goes on in the parents' head while they torture their kids like this. So, how did the people in your community find out about the 17-year old's ordeal? What about the parents? Were they sanctioned?

Bear

We had a couple arrested over the weekend because they left their one year old and three year old, home alone and locked in a bedroom. They went out clubbing and couldn't afford a babysitter!