Movies taking a dip?

Andersson

I just read that some people are not expecting big hits for the new movie Man of Steel along with a few others. I thought summer was the best time to catch new flicks, do we just have our expectations set too high now?

stewy

If the USA is anything like the UK, the cinemas are pricing themselves out of business. Not only does it cost an arm and a leg for cinema tickets, but it also costs an obscene amount of money for drinks and snacks once you're inside the cinema, plus you can't take your own!

Andersson

That might be the case then. I know at least the Superman movie is not even out yet. Is it though just the cinemas or also those who are making the movies? I get that movies are not cheap and most of those we see in film are now overpaid, so who is totally at fault?

BigPapa

It is a ripple effect, I would say. The studios pay millions to make the movie and need to make up the cost somehow. They then sell the rights to show the movie to the theaters, who have to pay more. They have to make up their costs, so they charge the customer more.