Music & TV

jason

Administrator
Staff member
Well she is really too young to choose what to watch or listen to. But I try not to watch anything R rated, or violent in front of her. Music is often children music or country. No rap or hard rock/metal as it usually has a bit of adult language in it.

frank101

When my daughter gets old enough to understand what a bad word means I will censor the words or turn the channel.

Josephmorisson

My daughter is old enough to listen R&B songs. I allowed her to watch love story movies but not the X-rated one. My other kids are still young so they prefer to watch cartoons or Disney movies. My wife is always at their side to watch for them in case they switch TV channels.

Sammie

we always have music playing in the house. We listen to a wide variety so there's no telling what will be on from time to time. We try not to watch a lot of TV around her because we don't want her becoming a couch potato. TV time is limited everyday to one or two kid shows.

As for balancing, I suppose when she is old enough to warrant that we will try to find a balance between not letting her watch anything extreme, but also explaining to her why certain things are inappropriate.