My dad's wife

Jeff

She is ridiculous! They asked us what the kids needed for Christmas and my wife being practical said "cloths would be great". My dad brings in a bag of cloths for them a couple days ago. Today he tells me this is becuase his wife didn't' want to get them cloths for Christmas. WHAT!!!!???? Then ask what they would like not need. And then my son called to thank her himself (hes 5) and she didn't answer so he left a message. Then today my dad yells at me that we didn't thank them in person the night before when we saw them and she thinks that was disrespectful GET A GRIP LADY! Or am I way off base?:mad:

daddyJoe

I don't think you're off base at all. When the parent says to get them clothes for Christmas, that's what she should do. If she wants to get them a toy or something else along with the clothes, fine. As for not thanking them in person, yeah, I think that would have been nice. It's certainly nothing to get all upset about, though, especially since your son called himself to thank her. She sounds like she is a very childish woman.

Steve

Your not off! This lady sounds very childish as daddyJoe stated! I would have been happy to hear my grandson (when I have one someday) saying thank you over the phone and called it good enough!

MickL

Yeah, I agree that the lady is pretty childish despite her age (how old is her?). I think a 5 year old boy calling to thank is very touching, and she was not touched at all?

SeaUrchin

He sounds like a very nice young man. As for the clothing, our kids always get clothing as well as a toy. They know this is what they get. I usually let the grandparents do the toy stuff since they feel like that's what they really want to do. My Mother got our kids personalized books last year and they loved them. They were all age appropriate too. I was seriously impressed.:)

Jeff

Thank you all for your responses! She is 62 MickL and she needs to act her age. That is awesome SeaUrchin that your mother got them personalized books, I would be impressed too! I also learned this week that their are more issues between my dad and her and she took it out on us.