Never had to worry about it

Aiden

I was really lucky growing up, I never had to worry about step parents, step brothers and sisters. I think that would be very confusing for kids. I'm really glad my family kept it simple.

TopPop

Yea, it is confusing. My dad died when I was young and I ended up with a jerk of a step father and two half brothers who to this day I think are morons. I spent a lot of time in my teenage years saying "If Dad hadn't died this" and "If Dad hadn't died that."

Jack

The whole family structure thing growing up was normal for me too, but when I was 18 my parents divorced. Never saw it coming, so that made for some confusion.

RandysDad

I can imagine how hard it must be. The family dynamic has changed so much in the last 50 years, it's hard to imagine it being the way it was in the 1950's. Things were simpler but then again, times were sometimes hard too.

Howard

I think that people have gotten more honest and open and truthful about marriage situations that aren't healthy and aren't functioning well. I'm not sure staying together for the children is always best.