new medical birth control for a decade?

Andersson

It seems there is birth control for the newer generations. This does not really come into play for me, back in my time it was just the "snip snip" for us guys, then birth control pills came around and now it seems they have something that works for ten years. Do any of the ladies here know about this? I have always been fascinated by how quickly the medical world jumps for these types of things.

polamalu43

Interesting! My wife doesn't need birth control anymore (I got the snip snip). It's interesting that they keep coming out with new things. 10 years seems like a long time though. You can change your mind way quicker than that.

davie

Are you talking about the IUD? There are some that work 5 years and some that work for 10. My wife used to have one, and it worked great for us. It can be removed when you want kids.

Andersson

Sometimes it just amazes me how far we have come with things like this but simple things like driving people still get wrong. I think it is the copper IUD that I was thinking of, but isn't copper bad?

DeputyDad

Oh, sorry. The thing I posted was about a shot for men that works for about 10 years also. I think it is important that men also have a way to protect themselves from impregnating anyone before they are ready to do so. Choices are good.