Not meeting their needs

Lorenzo

Have you always provided well for your kids, in terms of their basic needs and even some of their "wants?" Was there ever a time when you were not able to give what they needed because of budget or time constraints? How did you address the situation and did your kids understand?

ghanashyam

That is not a problem when you have explained the child the financial constraints. And I do not think it is necessary that all that child asks must be met. My child wanted a new mobile( every day there are new mobiles coming in the market) and I told him I want to create the reserve for his higher studies.

polamalu43

Of course I think we all probably did at one time. I have always been able to buy what we need but not always what they want. I know some parents who buy everything their kids want. Those kids are brats.

Justadad

Oh yes, when my second wife and I first got married we were not very well off, but we made sacrifices in order to provide for my young stepdaughter. She didn't receive luxuries but she didn't seem to mind.

Lorenzo

Of course I think we all probably did at one time. I have always been able to buy what we need but not always what they want. I know some parents who buy everything their kids want. Those kids are brats.
Yes, I think kids who get everything they want turn out really spoiled and don't learn to appreciate these material things given to them. I guess parents who do this to their kids are just compensating for the time they are not there to raise their children themselves.

Gavin

Have you always provided well for your kids, in terms of their basic needs and even some of their "wants?"
Yes, I have.

Was there ever a time when you were not able to give what they needed because of budget or time constraints? How did you address the situation and did your kids understand?
Here lately I haven't been able to much, but I do as much as I can. I tell her I love her, I stay involved with her schooling and I see her as much as I can. I think she does understand.

Gavin

Yes, I have provided for my daughter.

Here lately though it's been a bit more difficult. I tell her I love her everyday, I stay involved with her schooling and see her as much as I can. I think she understands what's going on.