Obama is an idiot

Clive

This is absurd. Childhood obesity isn't a problem because of marketing - it's the parents. That article says this maneuver could affect 20 million jobs. Great. More unemployment is just what this country needs.

crowl

I am wondering how its possible to alter the good foods that we eat in order to fight a problem that not everyone deals with. I think we are heading in such a direction that is a downward spiral we might never get turned back around from it.

Luke

Okay steam coming from my ears. Last I checked I am the parent here and I don't need anyone telling me what I should feed my kids. This sounds like pushing Michelle Obama's nutrition plan to the next level.

Ed35

Wow! Seriously? Obama wants to tell us what we can feed our kids? I think not. I do agree with others here - it's our jobs as parents to monitor what goes in our kids mouths. It's not up to the President!

GranddadHoward

Obama appears to have an insatiable need to control. He's not exactly the brightest star in the sky either, unless his goal is to run our economy to new lows. All what he is proposing will do is hurt the companies that make the products and industries related to them. Kids will just add more sugar to cereals if the parents allow them to and won't eat those products that they don't like. Of course, that's if Obama doesn't ban table sugar, too.

I think he would do better to ban growing of GMO foods, Aspartame and other harmful or possibly harmful foods, not that I believe kids should have all the sugar they do today.

By "Obama's food police" I assume they mean the FDA, not some other group.

youngdad

I don't know what Obama thinks he's going to accomplish by doing that. GranddadHoward is right. If the parents don't limit their sugar, they'll just add sugar to them. Sometimes I wonder what Obama's real motives are.

bighelp

I can not believe how much this country has went from taking responsibility for their actions to placing blame on everything else in the world. We are now the land that has no common sense and a serious lack of responsibility.

youngdad

That's true bighelp. It seems like everyone wants to place their responsibilities on someone or something else. Actions like Obama's don't help that mindset. It's not the companies' responsibility to limit kid's sugar intake. It's the parents. If parents were doing that, all the sugary foods wouldn't be selling and the situation would take care of itself.

Bear

I hate how much of a nanny state the United States of America has become. I don't need anyone telling me how to feed my kids healthy food. Parents have been raising kids for generations without being told how by the government. What's next national dress codes?

bighelp

Bear, you and me both. I am tried of seeing so many hand outs for things not needed. I know two very well able people who can work but do not work. I mean come on, if you have a ton of kids and no one is working, how are you living??

ChristopherT

What's the big deal? No more advertising to tots or teenagers. That will make it easier for parents to feed their children right.