Obstetrician visits

SoontoBe

When the wife goes to her obstetrician visits, how many of you tag along? I went to the first one and have met the doctor twice more so far, but I can't see taking off work every time she has a check-up. My wife says she doesn't care, but is this something I'll regret later on? I plan to be there when the real events start happening.

CHenne

I did not go to the office visits (unless they were doing ultrasounds). I have a co-worker who goes to every one of his wife's doctor appointments. I find it odd, but to each their own.

Andersson

I know some ladies who end up going every other visit, then there are some ladies who want their guy there for every visit. My best bet is go with the lady when she wants you to otherwise there could be trouble brewing.

Beattyrn1974

I've been to every visit, although we're using a midwife who gives us some teaching along the way. I'm excited about the baby coming and get a lot of joy from hearing the heartbeat at the visits. I think it's a personal decision really, but if in doubt, ask your partner and support her wishes I would say.

Check out the Being Dad Podcast on iTunes or at beingdadpodcast.com. The show for those of us trying to survive being dad.

Victor

I go to every appointment, but I'm a stay at home dad and don't have to take work off. Most appointments are quick and pretty uneventful but I like to be there to listen to the heartbeat and make sure everything is still ok. I'd hate to miss one, especially if we got bad news (which fortunately has never happened).

Bobby

I think it's great to go if you can. I made a point of going for the first few and also for ultrasounds but I haven't been to all. My wife is okay with that but if she wanted me to go, I'd be there.

Lorenzo

My wife is the type who likes me to be always by her side - especially in OB visits. We have five kids and I have been with her through all her doctor appointments. I know it does sound odd to some people, but that's the way we are as a couple. I could not stress it more, but my wife and I are a team and we make it a point to support each other in any situation, especially precious ones.

Pucknut87

I go them all if work schedule allows, which it usually does as I'm right across from the medical offices. I feel it's my kid too so I wanna be there for whatever may come about. Also keeps me in mama's good graces. ;)