Oldest Night Trained

Victor

I hesitated to type my title, since it's only been a few days, but my oldest (who is 3) has been going to bed without diapers for a few nights now! I'm so thrilled! I just hope it continues without bedwetting incidents.

Don

I am so glad we are past that stage now. Our daughter trained in no time, but our son just couldn't get the hang of it. I think he was about three and a half when it finally clicked.

Victor

Things have been going well here, and it is definitely earlier than I expected, but you'll hear no complaints from me!

We use cloth at home but disposables while on vacation. Now that she is fully trained, I won't have to buy any diapers for her when we travel for Christmas.

polamalu43

Yeah! I hope it continues too. I love milestones! Especially ones that make things cheaper. Diapers are expensive! Good luck with the luck continuing. Did you offer rewards to keep dry at night?

Victor

No, we didn't offer rewards, since staying dry at night isn't behavioral but physiological. It didn't make sense to give her a reward for something she didn't actually have control over.

Andersson

Some kids catch on quick and others take a little longer. We were very lucky with our own. The boy had one issue when he misinterpreted and piddled on the floor (he was told "then go" by a family member). Our girl had one accident at home not in bed and one outside of the home at (luckily) a department store. Neither ever had an accident in the bed though and i count my lucky starts for it still, especially now since they have kids.

Victor

We had a rough week last week. She was having nightmares and wet the bed 4 out of 5 nights. She hasn't done it for a few nights again now though, so I think we are back on track.

Fargon

Congratulations. 3 is pretty young but every child is different. I can't remember how old our daughter was when she was at that stage but I don't think it was 3.

Bear

Congratulations! We are still working with our oldest on even staying dry during the day, but she has surprised us a few times by being dry in the morning.

Lorenzo

My own three-year old doesn't wear diapers the whole day, he informs us if he has to go to the bathroom. It's different during the night because he really has to wear diapers, if not, he wets his bed and wakes up every few hours because of it.

Bearsfan

Our girls caught on pretty quick to the whole deal, but our son is just starting to get the hang of it. We always try to ask him if he needs to go. We're still doing pull ups at night. About half the time we find he needed it. I guess he's just not quite ready for the whole night.