One of Those Months

Karter

Do you ever have one of those months where everything seems to go wrong in the house or with the car? I'm finding it especially bad this month, and add Christmas to that, it's just more stress. We've had a problem with the car, with the heat in the house, school expenses. Everything is adding up.

Bear

That happens to us every year at this time, so much so that we now usually do "Christmas" when our taxes come in. Everybody gets a little something for Christmas but the big gifts come later.

polamalu43

Oh no! We do have those months but lucky for us they are never in December. Try to shop year round next year. That way you won't have to spend so much of your paycheck in December on gifts. Do you have a "kitty" for problems?

Karter

[/I]
Oh no! We do have those months but lucky for us they are never in December. Try to shop year round next year. That way you won't have to spend so much of your paycheck in December on gifts. Do you have a "kitty" for problems?
We did have a "kitty" but it's empty. It's been a bad year overall with a lot of things going wrong. I'm hoping next year is better without all the unexpected breakdowns.

Bear

We are starting our year off in a bad spot. My employer just informed me that the restaurant will be closed January 1st through the 8th. I know that it's only a week, but we just got a short check with the holiday and now there will be a pay period with a whole week missing.

We don't have a "kitty" yet, because I have only been working for a little while after being unemployed for so long. That old saying about "if it isn't one thing it's another" certainly seems to be true for us.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah I'm having one of those months but they seem the norm anymore. Kinda sad what you can get used to. But we will find a way as usual.

Victor

Yes, we've had a rough time as well. We just ordered a new washer since ours finally broke down. We put new tires on one car and need to put new tires on the other. My wife's phone is on its last legs too.

polamalu43

Right here, right now I declare it "bad month/year" be-gone! Only good and positive things will happen from this point going forward! How is everyone's health?

Sinbian

Usually I have "one of those days" when everything seems to go in the wrong direction. On such days I try to do very little and hope for the best. :)