Online classes

benben

I am considering taking online classes at a local community college. I have never taken online classes before. I would just be doing this for my own interest. Do you think you can really learn from these kinds of courses?

jason

Administrator
Staff member
My brother took online classes and seemed to learn from it. But he put in the work. I think that is what it takes, either online or offline. His was a big school too, one of the state schools here.

2andalone

I took a couple online classes and found them very educational. You do have to make sure that you are taking notes and doing the necessary reading. You have to work extra hard to learn and be proactive.

Phillie

I certainly think you can learn from online courses. I have taken a few and I learned a lot. What type of class are you going to take? Is it something you want to learn more about?

Verny

My friend took up online classes and she got a degree from it. The only problem she has was when she wanted to ask questions and needed to wait for the answers because they have a forum setup for questions and answers.

stayathomepaul

You have to be self motivated. In an online class you have to be in charge of yourself even more so. You also have to be patient and able to solve problems on your own.

crowl

A friend of mine wanted to do that but her connection at home is horrible and rather than move since she loves her new place, she went ahead and signed up for a local college that offers a few nights a week. I think as long as you have a stable net connection you should be okay.