Paul Walker crash

Andersson

I just read that some jerk stole part of this car wreck, why would someone do that? I can understand collecting movie star memorabilia but not something like this. It is death related and it seems sick.

Timeless

Someone actually did that? The person will probably try to sell it as memorabilia on eBay. Probably figures they will make a fortune off of it. The things people do sometimes boggles my mind.

DeputyDad

That is pretty disgusting. What in the world goes through some people's minds? Anyone stupid enough to try to sell, or buy something like that, deserves to get prosecuted. How would anyone even know if someone wasn't just passing off a fake piece of junk? That's really sad.

Rest in peace, Paul Walker.

Sinbian

It is a real tragedy, especially when someone that young dies in an accident. Paul Walker was a good actor and I really enjoyed his movies.

BigPapa

I heard this too and I think it is awful. I am just glad that they caught the kid and he is going to be punished. I was really saddened to hear about the death of Paul Walker, but it saddens me even more that someone would try to capitalize on his death.

DeputyDad

I just read this story about the 18 year old guy that stole a piece of the wreckage. He stupidly posted photos of it at Instagram. He actually ran up and stole it from the tow truck that was carrying it away and it was all caught on camera.

He wrote a message, that you can read here, explaining he only did it because he wanted to make a memorial since Paul Walker was one of his idols.

Andersson

I think I remember reading that they were in the middle of shooting another movie during the same time this happened. I am shocked that someone stole from an accident scene, if they try to sell it I would guess it could be flagged as stolen, right?

polamalu43

Odd! Did he break the law? Yes, it was wrong but could he be arrested? I don't know why you would post pictures on any social website though. Pretty dumb if you ask me!

DeputyDad

There is a link to an article in my last post. Yes, he was arrested. What he did was certainly illegal. He ran up to the tow truck as it was driving away with the destroyed car and stole a piece of the roof panel from the car. He shows remorse for doing so and has apologized.