Paying For The Divorce

Gavin

With what I have to do to get my divorce finalized, there is the decree which the ex is legally obligated to pay for. 150 dollars. She doesn't want to and feels like I should pay for it all. What should I do? I really just want all of this over with.

Dad Brad

If you just want it over with, why not pay the fee? That isn't so much money when you come to think of it. Are children involved? You can always tell her you'll take it out of your child support or something later.

BigPapa

If it is just getting it done with that you are concerned with, then I would just go ahead and pay it. I can only imagine what the situation is and getting through it is probably going to take more than just paying this fee.

Andersson

Who wanted the divorce in the first place? Why does she not want to pay it, is it a valid reason? A friend of mine just started his separation dealings and has temporary custody of their child, he has no idea what he is in for. I wish you the best.

Bear

If you just want it over with then pay the money and be done with it. I can't believe you are getting a divorce for that little. I know people who have paid much more than that.

Gavin

Who wanted the divorce in the first place? Why does she not want to pay it, is it a valid reason?
I did.

She doesn't want to pay because she feels this is my thing, not hers.

She may have a valid reason, in her mind, but I obviously see things differently.

This is just another example really of why we can't stay married. our differences of opinion when it comes to major issues are just too major.

Gavin

If you just want it over with then pay the money and be done with it. I can't believe you are getting a divorce for that little. I know people who have paid much more than that.
I did end up paying for it because I knew she wasn't going to budge and I just can't take the arguments anymore. I don't really care anymore who's right or who's wrong........we're just too different at this point.

It did cost more then just that one fee though. I had my fee's I had to pay as well, that total close to $600.

Bear

Ah, yes, that sounds about right. Most of the people I know who are divorced ended up paying between $600 - $1,000 to get things finalized. I don't believe that covers fees for legal assistance though.